Logo Historical Accountability Student Research Program

Humphrey Murals

Humphrey Murals
According to the Hood Museum website, this mural was commissioned by the Board of Trustees in 1939 and they were on the walls of a dining room in Thayer Dining Hall (now the Class of 1953 Commons). In the 1970s, the murals were covered up and the dining room that hosted them closed. Since then, the murals have been moved off-site.
Note or Transcription
Caption: "They founded Dartmouth College and the Big Chief matriculated Eleazar was the faculty and the whole curriculum was five hundred gallons of New England Rum."
Citation Information
Humphrey Murals, 2015. Digital by Dartmouth Library. https://collections.dartmouth.edu/archive/object/PhotoFiles/PhotoFiles-Icon1647-2088-0000006.
Go to top of page