Historical Accountability Student Research Internship
This part-time research position is an excellent opportunity for first years and sophomores, although students of all undergraduate class affiliations are eligible.
The internship program offers part-time research assistant positions at a pay rate of $18.00/hour. Interns work directly with the Historical Accountability Student Research Program Coordinator to support research on issues of diversity and inclusion in Dartmouth’s past and prepare and deliver digitized content via the program’s website.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Adapt existing research into publicly-accessible content for the HASRP website. (30%)
• Implement accessibility features on the HASRP website, including optical character recognition and closed-captioning. (30%)
• Digitize physical materials to be uploaded to the HASRP website. (30%)
• Assist the HASRP Coordinator with HASRP research as needed. (10%)
- Interest in history and/or archives and issues of diversity and inclusion.
- Intellectual curiosity, strong work ethic, and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Helpful, but not necessary:
- Previous archival research experience (an FSP, for example)
- Basic facility with HTML and an awareness of CSS
- Experience with Adobe software (Photoshop, Premiere)
- Experience with Abbyy FineReader or other optical character recognition software
When the program is recruiting for interns, the position is listed on JobX with Job ID 4920. Email HASRP@dartmouth.edu expressing your interest in the position with the following application materials:
Letter of interest, which should include relevant experience and research interests related to historical accountability
Resume or CV
Contact information for two references (incoming first-years may use high school teachers)