Historical Accountability Student Research Internship
This part-time research position is an excellent opportunity for underclassmen, although students of all class affiliations are eligible.
The internship program offers part-time research assistant positions at a pay rate of $13.50/hour. Interns work directly with the Institutional History Research Specialist to conduct original research on issues of diversity and inclusion in Dartmouth’s past and prepare and deliver digitized content via the program’s website.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct in-depth historical research in the college archives concerning significant college history, with specific focus on major events, individuals, milestones, and “hidden” history related to issues of diversity and inclusion. (50%)
- Prepare and deliver digitized content to the Historical Accountability Student Research Program website. (40%)
- In collaboration with the Institutional History Research Specialist, identify key archival collections and topics for research. (10%)
- Interest in history and/or archives and issues of diversity and inclusion.
- Intellectual curiosity, strong work ethic, and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Helpful, but not necessary:
- Previous archival research experience (an FSP, for example)
- Basic facility with HTML and an awareness of CSS
- Experience with Adobe software (Photoshop, Premiere)
- Experience with Abbyy FineReader or other optical character recognition software
When the program is recruiting for interns, the position is listed on Jobnet under "Libraries" as Job C15386. Email HASRP@dartmouth.edu expressing your interest in the position with the following application materials:
Letter of interest, which should include relevant experience and research interests related to historical accountability
resume or CV
two character references (incoming freshmen may use high school teachers)